Broadcast: 20th March
Presenter: Kim Bridge
There is nothing that tells a story quite like country music.. and believe it or not its not all about losing your wife or boyfriend.. ! The Boyup Country Music Festival has been a favourite family destination for Kim Bridge since it began 30 years ago and this year he’s invited us along for the ride.
- Stars from all around the nation come along to tell great Australian stories through song, reminding us of how important music is in crossing boundaries and bringing people together .
- For years, this event has been one to look forward to for fans of country and has grown to a five day celebration where you can camp onsite from Wednesday through to Sunday.
- It’s not just about the music, there’s the ute and truck muster. If you have a ute or truck you think could stand up to a bit of adoration, start polishing now for 2016
- Art, bush poetry and music industries workshops are also on center stage over the five days.
- The WA Country Music Awards are also held as part of the Festival each year, something to think about if you are serious about pursuing a career in the industry. The awards recognize great West Australian talent and are part of the Country Music Club’s long history of supporting WA artists
- If you love country you will love this.. the weather is usually fine and the campsites are pretty spacious.. the people.. well they are lovers of country music .. you can’t get much better than that!.
Check out the Boyup Brook Country Music Festival website for more details and get the tent ready for 2016 http://www.countrymusicwa.com.au