Story: Around the World
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 27 June 2021
The City of Joondalup is becoming a haven for authentic international cuisine and with travel on hold, this is the best way to transport yourself to another place.
- Turkuaz Mediterranean Restaurant is located at Hillary’s Boat Harbour, one of WA’s most visited tourist attractions.
- The Sac Tava is a dish from central Anatolia is found everywhere in Turkey, however, the Turkuaz Mediterranean Restaurant is the only restaurant in WA that serves it.
- Eccolo Italian Restaurant in Hillary’s is fully licensed and aims to bring customers a traditional Italian experience through their authentic Italian food and the finest ingredients.
- Eccolo is Italian for “here it is”.
- D’s Authentic Japanese is an authentic Japanese restaurant located on Glenelg Place in Connolly, Western Australia.
- Japanese dining is a traditional ceremony that represents, good health, prosperity and the love of food. To honour this philosophy, only the best ingredients are used.
- Chef Koji Harada started cooking at the age of 8 years old, helping his mother prepare meals for his younger brother and sister.
- He enrolled in the famous Osaka cooking school, Tsuji, upon graduating high school. Now, he brings his culinary skills and superb Japanese dishes to the suburb of Connolly.
For more information: https://www.joondalup.wa.gov.au/