Story: Motorised Canoe Safari
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 31st January 2021
The Motorised Outrigger Canoe Safari is a unique and memorable experience, allowing visitors to discover an otherwise unseen side to the Cocos Keeling Islands.
- The Motorised Outrigger Canoe Safari lets you explore waters that most boats are unable to go through.
- It’s a fantastic opportunity to learn about the history and environment of the Cocos Islands.
- The Safari stops at several remote and uninhabited islands, including Pulu Maraya, Pulu Blan and Pulu Blan Madar.
- Pulu Maraya is a great spot to go snorkelling, with pristine reefs and an abundance of marine life.
- Discover the islands’ incredible wildlife at Pulu Blan, which is home to the endangered blue-tailed skink.
- Pulu Blan Madar is the final stop on the tour, where you can enjoy some refreshments before returning.
For more information, head to