Story: Kalbarri Scenic Flight
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Air Date: 24th January 2021
A scenic flight is a brilliant way to experience the entire region of Kalbarri within an afternoon.
- Port Kalbarri Airport Terminal is the home base for Kalbarri Scenic Flights, a family-owned and operated business.
- The flight takes you over Kalbarri National Park, providing breathtaking vistas of the inland river gorges.
- The Pink Lake has grown in popularity over the past five years. It changes colours depending on the time of day.
- The pilot will teach you about the Batavia shipwreck and the brutal mutiny that took place while flying over the otherworldly Abrolhos Islands.
- Kalbarri is famous for its stunning coastal cliffs, where the smooth rock faces meet the raging seas below.
- Kalbarri itself is a picturesque and quintessential Australian town, nestled on the mouth of the Murchison River.
For more information, head to