Story: Diving (Extra Divers)
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 24th January 2021
Christmas Island is just as beautiful underwater as it is on land, with stunning coral reefs and a diversity of ocean life making it a diver’s paradise.
- Extra Divers is owned and operated by Dave Watchorn and the one-stop shop for anyone who is looking for a phenomenal diving experience while on Christmas Island.
- The Eidsvold is a Norwegian ship that was hit by a Japanese torpedo shortly after its arrival on Christmas Island in 1942.
- Its wreckage has culminated into a spectacular dive site that’s just a 5-minute boat ride from Flying Fish Cove.
- The clear water is perfect for exploring the coral gardens and discovering a vast range of fish and other sea creatures.
- The dive lasts around 50 mins and takes you to a maximum depth of 18m.
For more information, head to