Story: Kids in the Park
Presenter: Nikki Parkinson
Air Date: 22nd November 2020
As the weather warms up, we’re all looking for ways to enjoy the sunshine with our family. Whether it’s a picnic, bush walk, bike ride or barbecue, you can do it all at Whiteman Park.
- Mussel Pool was named after the freshwater mussels that were once prolific in its waters. It’s the perfect spot to bring the kids.
- The pool is an important wetland habitat, classed as a conservation category lake, as it holds water almost year-round.
- Nearby is the Children’s Forest, where you’ll find giant marching ants, colourful birds, peeking possums and a life size wedge-tailed eagle’s nest.
- There are fourteen fairy houses in the forest for the kids to discover when they’re exploring.
- Pia’s Place is Whiteman Park’s newest attraction and has been designed to allow all children to explore and play in an inclusive nature-based play space.
- There’s even something for dogs to enjoy, with a 2.5-hectare dog park where they can run wild.
- At the Revolutions Transport Museum, you’ll learn how transport has shaped WA. You can also drive a vintage bus, an old EJ Holden or a horse and cart.
- The kids can cool off in the mini water playground, complete with wading pools and waterspouts.
For more information, head to