Story: Nature on Your Doorstep
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Air Date: 15th November 2020
The City of Stirling, renowned for its rolling surf and Instagram worthy sunsets, has a few other tricks up its sleeve.
- Regular Coffee Company is the perfect spot to grab a coffee and a bite to eat before heading across the road to Star Swamp.
- Star Swamp Bushland is 96 hectares of nature reserve that is well worth exploring.
- The area has an interesting history. It used to be used as a quarantine station for camels and the 10th Light Horse Division set up camp there in WWI.
- There are many walking trails throughout Star Swamp Bushland, as well as plenty of opportunities for bird watchers.
- The Mt Flora Museum, built in 1935 as a water tank for residents, was used as a lookout by defence forces in WWII.
- Inside the museum, there’s an impressive collection of memorabilia from life in the City of Stirling.
- A vibrant mix of boutiques, eateries and bars can be found on Flora Terrace in North Beach.
- The Queen’s former personal chef chose Flora Terrace as the location his signature restaurant.
For more information, head to