Air Date: 29th March 2020
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Matso’s Broome Brewery is Kimberley’s award-winning brewery and restaurant.
- Matso’s restaurant and beer garden are the perfect place to relax, enjoy some great beers and food, and escape while looking across the turquoise water of Roebuck Bay.
- Matso’s Store was built in 1910 and was originally the Union Bank of Australia. In the 1950’s it was transformed into a general store by the Matsumoto family and renamed Matso’s Store
- Head Brewer Prav Bhat runs tours and tastings for the public so they can see the process firsthand. Brewery tours run on Wednesday and Fridays at 11am for an hour. The tour includes a tasting paddle at the end.
- Their award-winning Ginger Beer is Australia’s original alcoholic Ginger Beer. It became so popular that holiday makers were sending cartons back to their home. That led Matso’s to start selling it right across the country.
- Matso’s newest product is their sparkling alcoholic lemonade. With no artificial flavours or preservatives, it was brewed for our Australian summers.
- It’s the perfect place to enjoy a brew while soaking up Broome’s beautiful balmy evenings on the edge of Moonlight bay.