Segment: Discovery Parks, Port Hedland
Air Date: 22nd March 2020
Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
Discovery Holiday Parks Port Hedland is positioned right on the coast, offering incredible coastal views.
- Positioned on the WA coast, Port Hedland is home to sun, surf and sand.
- With its spectacular coastal location, it’s perfect for fishing, crabbing and whale watching.
- This park is part of the largest regional accommodation group in Australia with over 280 properties in the G’Day Group.
- Mining isn’t the only focus in Port Hedland - why not head there during turtle season and be a part of the flatback turtle experience.
- There are great tours on offer at the Seafarers centre like their Port to Port Hedland tour where you can learn about the world’s largest exporting port.
- The unique phenomenon, ‘Staircase to the Moon’, when the full moon rises at low tide, is a must-see.
- There’s plenty of accommodation options available, from picturesque campsites to waterfront cabins.
- It’s a great place to break up your North West Road trip, with people often adding extra days to their stay
- There are plenty activities to keep the kids entertained. There are go karts, a games room, swimming pool and more.