Segment: Picnics at Point Peron
Air Date: 23rd February 2020
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
40-minutes south of Perth, Rockingham is where the coast comes to life, and is the perfect spot for a picnic.
- Malibu Fresh has been part of the local community for decades – family owned and local to the core, it’s an icon of Safety Bay.
- Basil Paparone, the store’s owner, has been running the store for years – some staff members have been with him for over 30 years.
- There are take away food packs – all made in store with recipes created by Malibu Fresh employees. There are around 55 different meals available, with seasonal options available year-round.
- A walk around the coast of Point Peron will take you to an old coastal military battery, and the views of Shoalwater Marine Park cannot be beat.
- 800 metres from the shore lies Penguin Island, home to WA’s cutest residents. You’ll also be able to find seals and dolphins around the area.
- Point Peron, or Boya Kaarla, is a destination you can return to time and time again while still finding things to discover.