Story: Lunching in Leederville
Airdate: 29th September 2019
Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
Perth communities are working hard to re-ignite our love of spending time in the local retail and entertainment strips, with Leederville being no exception.
- An eclectic suburb on the northern outskirts of the city, Leederville has long been a go to for entertainment, late night venues, arthouse movies and good quality, affordable dining.
- Leederville has recently gone through a facelift, with the new Leederville Village Square creating a new communal place for the thriving calendar of festivals and events – and lowering the footpath has allowed more space for communal dining.
- Oxford Street is one of Perth’s classic retail strips, and it’s now more vibrant than ever, featuring a range of stores such as Hunter Store. Famous for a variety of women’s shoes, you can now pick up some statement jewellery pieces.
- Rhubarb Records and Vinyl Café serve up great food and coffee alongside new and classic vinyl records. You can even stop here for a hair, beard or moustache styling.
- Varga Girl is the perfect place for the savvy shopper, offering an incredible range of clothing options.
- Leederville is full of cheap food options, such as delicious Vietnamese food from Bunn Mee. Run by Masterchef alumni Jenny Lam; her light, fluffy roles are baked fresh with love.
- Pappagello offers a genuine taste of Italy, with Nino La Verghetta and Michael Tricoli bringing their passion for authentic Italian pizza to the Leederville strip.
- This only scratches the surface of your options in Leederville – there really is something on the strip for everyone.