Story: Accommodation at Rottnest Island
Airdate: Ep 1, 14 July 2019
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
For many people winter is the perfect time to get away to warmer climates, though sometimes the perfect winter escape is right on your doorstep.
- Thinking of heading to Rottnest this Winter? Hop over by plane, boat, or grab the ferry from Hilary’s Boat Harbour or Fremantle. It’s a short journey that takes you to the best spot to catch the sunset over the Indian Ocean
- There’s plenty of options for accommodation on Rottnest from luxury glamping, and resort-style accommodation to the amazing unit options available from the Rottnest Island Authority. There’s something for everybody here!
- Make your first stop on Rottnest the Visitor’s Centre. Here you can book accommodation, grab maps of the island and find out all the things you can do during your stay.
- The best way to get around Rottnest: Bicycle. Head to the local bike hire shop and pick up bicycles for you and yours.
- On top of all that, your bags get delivered to your accommodation for you.
- Trevor’s top tip: pre-order your groceries from the general store and they’ll deliver them for you as well!
- Winter at Rottnest is magical, quiet, and serene. The days on average are warmer than the mainland with the island being quieter than in summer, making it ideal for a winter getaway.
- There’s accommodation for every style and budget, with houses that fit small and large groups. Head to Rottnest this winter, you won’t regret it!
To book your accommodation now directly with the Rottnest Island Authority use the below link and organise your getaway today!
PH: 9432 9111