Segment: Tom Price Tourist Park
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
TX Date: 13th January 2019
If you’re looking for somewhere to stay on your road trip through the Pilbara, you won’t find a better place than the Tom Price Tourist Park.
- Just a couple of kilometres out of town, the park lies in the shadow of Mt Nameless, and is a fantastic place to base yourself while exploring the region.The mining town of Tom Price is beautiful and is the gateway to Karijini and the spectacular landscape that surrounds it.
- Caravanning is becoming more and more popular, with the Tourist Park being perfectly set up for this – you’ll be able to find great facilities for your van including powered and non-powered sites, BBQ’s in the camper’s kitchen, as well as laundry and ablution sites.
- The park is nice and green, filled with lovely cool lawn areas, which can be a relief from the red dust of the Pilbara. There is also potable water available from all taps on site, with the exception of those marked “non-drinking water”.
- There is a wide range of accommodation at the Park, ranging from green rooms, deluxe cabins, frontier cabins, tent sites, snappy gum chalets and the nameless cabins, which are perfect for the bigger families.
- If you’re travelling with the kids there is a great little playground onsite, and if you’re interested in cooling off after a long day exploring the Pilbara, you’ll also be able to find a swimming pool.
P: Tom Price Tourist Park (08) 9189 1515