Title: Karijini Eco Retreat
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Date: 9th December 2018
Located in the north end of Karijini National Park, the award winning Karijini Eco Retreat is an environmentally friendly glamping experience that is one of the more amazing places to stay in WA.
- The retreat is an ecologically sound development that leaves a minimal environmental footprint. The camp is located just a short walk from the spectacular Joffre Gorge, which is a great place to start exploring.
- The eco-retreat features some upmarket glamping tents, with comfortable beds and en-suite options, giving you luxury in the middle of the ancient landscape. The tent’s spacious decks will give you a great base for your trip.
- There are unpowered sites for your tent, caravan, camper trailer or swag, and if you’re travelling on a budget there are dorm style cabins with shared facilities.
- The restaurant is fantastic, with the meals in season featuring local produce sourced from local stations, or even featuring bush tucker. The liscensed bar is a great place to take in the incredible star display, and there is a delicious continental breakfast to start the day off.
- The area is ancient, with Aboriginal people having been in the area for at least 20,000 years. They introduced ‘firestick farming’ back in the early days, which has shaped the flora of the location.
- Completely owned by the traditional owners of the land, the Nyiyaparlii, Banyjima and Innawonga Aboriginal people, the retreat is the ultimate outback Pilbara experience.