Segment: Mandurah Seafood Experience
Presenter: Christina Morrissy
TX Date: November 18th, 2018
Interested in catching your own crayfish and partaking in a tour and lunch with a difference? Mandurah Cruises offer up a fantastic tour.
- Over the years Mandurah has grown from a sleepy little town to a thriving city of over 80,000 people. Just off the coast of Mandurah you’ll be able to find a wealth of crayfish, otherwise known as the Western Rock Lobster.
- The Western Rock Lobster industry is worth half a billion dollars to WA’s export industry and has recently become a huge draw card for tourists, who don’t just want to eat them in a restaurant, but rather want to be able to catch them as well.
- Mandurah Cruises came up with the idea for the Wild Seafood Experience cruise using their local knowledge to create a tour that crayfish lovers can’t get enough of.
- The captain, who was once a commercial Crayfisherman, will take you about 5 miles north of Mandurah to a crayfish hotspot. All you’ll need to bring are your sunnies and your hats, with the tour providing a range of delicious food.
- When it comes to cooking your crayfish, the tour offers some help to make sure you get the most out of your catch. It’s important that you don’t overcook your crayfish – this way it will retain all of its natural juices and flavour making it absolutely delicious.
- The Wild Seafood Experience takes around 3 hours and sets out early in the day to beat the sea breeze. If you’re interested in making a booking, you can do so in the local visitors centre or online.