Title: Perth Zoo
Broadcast: 22nd April 2018
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Perth Zoo, a five-minute ferry ride from the CBD - has become exceptionally good at making the zoo experience a more personal one. Unique Eye to Eye animal experiences give visitors close up encounters with some of the amazing animals as well as the opportunity to find out more about them from their dedicated keepers, the people who know them best.
- The first experience is in the African Savanah where you can feed the giraffes. Perth Zoo recently welcomed a baby giraffe and although the baby is too shy for the camera the adult giraffe is happy to extend his tongue to eat straight from the visitor’s hand. There is no age limit to participating in this experience.
- The second eye to eye experience is for adults only and is with Memphis, the male Rhinoceros. Adults are able to feed the Rhino some of his favorites including celery and bales of hay.
- Money raised through the Eye to Eye experiences goes back into conservation programs to protect species like the Rhino which are nearing extinction.
- Bush Buddies and Scaly Mates encounters are run in the Discovery yard. As part of the Bush buddies encounter you could hand feed a Kangaroo and as part of the Scaly Mates you could get up close and personal with a Woomba python, another threatened species.
- Eye to Eye experiences can be booked through the Perth Zoo.
P: 24 hr info line 08 9474 3551
Reception on 08 9474 0444 (8am - 5pm weekdays).