Title: Astro Tours Broome
Broadcast: 25th March 2018
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy and Trevor Cochrane
When the sun goes down in Broome in WA’s Northwest there’s not too many places you’d rather be than relaxing on a beach soaking up the sunset however when that light finally dips behind the horizon and the sky becomes dark that's when this tourist town miles from nowhere shows off it’s real star power
- Twenty minutes drive or shuttle bus out of Broome is a night sky experience that will leave you star struck...and your host for the night is a real character of the Kimberl...a bloke who used to fix motor bikes for a living and now shares what he likes to call practical astronomy with people from all over the world!
- Greg Quicke spent a lot of his life working under the stars and found a deep interest in astronomys. He began the business in 1995 and has hundreds of thousands of people out to look at the stars since.
- With 300 clear nights a year as well as access to all of the southern hemisphere sky and most of the northern hemisphere sky Broome is the perfect place to view the skies.
- The telescope hardware that Greg uses for the tour is pretty impressive. Some of the telescopes cost around $12,000.
- These tours are often booked up far in advance so it is important to book sooner rather than later.
- A quirky tour bonus is a cup of tea or coffee with a biscuit to end a great evening. You can’t head home until you have laid back on the astro turf and seen a shooting star!
P: 0417 949 958
P: (08) 9483 1111