Title: RAC Caravan Towing Tips
Broadcast: 11th February 2018
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Towing a caravan can be a bit of a scary prospect. Chrissy and RAC give us a few handy tips to follow when towing a caravan on your next road-trip
- Make sure you have towing mirrors to increase your visibility when driving.
- Check the air pressure in both your caravan and car.
- Double check your connections between the car and caravan, and your lights.
- Make sure you have closed all the cupboards, windows and doors in the caravan before setting off.
- Remember that you are towing a heavy load so slowly and safely does it. You can only legally travel at 100kmph while towing a caravan.
- If you see a space between someone towing a caravan and another vehicle, leave it available as it is going to take a lot longer for the vehicle with the caravan to stop.
P: 13 17 03