Title: Diving the Cocos
Broadcast: September 17th
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Today, Chrissy is at West Island to discover one of the best dive spots the Cocos Keeling Islands have to offer.
- The dive tour, run by Dita Gerhardt of Cocos Dive, departs at 8:30am.The seasoned dive master has the reputation as one of the safest dive masters in the Indian ocean, so you definitely know you’ll be in good hands.
- The first spot you will visit is famed for its corals and abundance of fish life, such as adorable clownfish nestled in anemones.
- Then it’s time for lunch at Direction Island, prepared by the dive master himself.
- While you’re on the island, if you’re feeling up to it, head to this spot: The Rip. It’s not a dive, but rather a snorkel, and the colours up here are a bit brighter due to it being shallower.
- Now it’s time for dive spot number two, departing from Cossies Beach. This dive is different to the one before, taking you to some old wrecks.
- Then it’s time to glide over to the drop off, where you’ll see an abundance of sharks… that’s right. At least they’re only harmless reef sharks and grey nurses.
- After that, it’s time to head back. You might even get an escort home from a pod of wild dolphins.
Cocos Keeling Islands
P: (08) 9162 6790