Title: Aussie Farm Show
Broadcast: August 20th
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissey
Chrissy visits Caversham Wildlife Park to watch the farm show, milk a cow, crack a stock whip and feed a baby lamb.
- Caversham Wildlife Park brings the country to the city. It’s a true blue Aussie farm just 30 minutes from the CBD. You can come to the daily molly’s farm shows with time to spare, because you want to be close to where the action starts and they ask for volunteers.
- The show starts with a quintessential Aussie sheep muster with the star of the show Jack, a 10-year-old Aussie kelpie. In a matter of minutes the sheep are all in the pen ready for the next part of the show, shearing.
- Sheep shearing is a special skill and Jeff talks through the talent needed to sheer through the sheep’s wool so it comes off all in one piece just like a big blanket.
- Then it’s time to get hands on with the crowd. A few lucky crowd members get the chance to feed the cutest baby lambs with a bottle of warm milk.
- The adults also have a chance to get involved in some whip cracking. Chrissy wears a stockman’s hat for protection and has a crack at cracking the whip.
- It’s a great place to bring international visitors especially when the billy gets bought out and at the end of the show everyone gets to milk a cow.
Caversham Wildlife Park
P: (08) 9248 1984