Title: Exploring the Mitchell Plateau
Broadcast: July 30th
Presenter: Christina Morrissy
Chrissy heads off on the ultimate Kimberley adventure; hiking, scenic plane rides, swimming and helicopters!
- Aviair Mitchell falls discovery tour is the best way to cover a lot of ground and explore the Kimberly. It’s really three tours in one. This flight from Kununurra to the Mitchell plateau is the first leg of the journey.
- You then head north towards Wyndham with the snaking rivers of the gold country, dipping down of the towering cliffs of the Berkely gorges and along the coast. A little further on King George falls, magnificent even in the dry season.
- It takes 2 hours to make the 4km walk up to Mitchell falls. From the dusty ground to lush vegetation, it’s a constantly changing landscape. You’re right in the middle of a landscape that very few people get to see.
- Across the tour you will see 4 waterfalls; King George falls on the plane ride and on the hike; little Merten falls, big Merten falls and the Mitchell falls.
- The Mitchell falls in all their glory are quite frankly gobsmackingly beautiful. 80 meters tall, three plunge pools, and its spectacular.
- Luckily getting back down is a little easier. HeliSpirit provide transfers and scenic flights from the top of the falls back down to base.
Full day tours you are doing can be booked through Aviair : 1800 095 500
The helicopter flights as a stand alone tour can be booked through HeliSpirit: 1800 180 085
P: 1800 1800 85