Broadcast: 24th April 2016
Presenter: Pete Manifis
Pete Manfis demonstrates how to prepare a raw Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-op Rock Lobster Sashimi dish.
Rock Lobster (GFC)
1) First Make sure your Lobster has been put into ice cold water until it is cooled, once cooled, take it out and let the water drain out from the lobster.
2) Put the lobster on a cutting board and using a nice thin knife, pop the air sack in the head of the lobster through the top and bottom of the lobster.
3) Using your knife, cut off the shell of the lobster and try to harvest as much of the meat as you can.
4) Using scissors, cut the lobster’s back shell so that you can peel of the rest of the exoskeleton, leaving only the meat.
5) Using your knife, cut small thin slices through the lobster meat and place the sliced pieces on your plate.
6) Finish off by adding small dips of soy sauce and wasabi, as well as a bit of green like your seaweed salad.
For more information on the West Australian Rock Lobster, check out Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative website: