Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
Air Date: 21 November 2021
Carmen takes a wander during her journey around Harvey through the historic Wokalup Tavern. From old to new – this venue will surprise you!
- Out the back of The old Wokalup pub, is the new Brugan – an independent brewhouse.
- The Old Wokalup Pub is a beautiful heritage country tavern built in 1907.
- Brugan is the home to cold, fresh beers, and food designed to bring your whole travelling party together.
- Owners, Bruce Hathway and Megan Hardwick, took over the old Wokalup Tavern, with a dream of starting a craft brewery out the back of an old country pub.
- Brugan is set in picturesque green rolling hills in Wokalup surrounded by beef and milking cattle on the southwestern highway. Hence, is easily accessible.
- Their restoration and modernisation process began back in 2020 and Brugan officially opened in July 2021.
- At Brugan they grow their own hops, which allows them to use their own fresh hop flowers when in season.
- Fresh beers brewed on premise such as IPA, Kolsch, Amber Ale, Porter, Citrus Sour Mid strength IPA, Hazy IPA.
- Their new brewery style menu consists of dishes like; sous vide whole BBQ chickens and lamb shoulders, cream cheese stuffed jalapeños wrapped in streaky bacon with some old tavern favorites such as Chicken Parmi & Red Spotted Emperor Fish & Chips.
- It’s a family-style venue with an outdoor playground.
For more information, head to: