Story: Perth City Art Trails
Presenter: Jo Beth Taylor
Air Date: 14 November 2021
Perth’s art scene has had a major revamp over the past couple of years. Jo Beth grabs her camera and walking shoes to discover Perth’s most renowned Art Trails.
- Stop one, Hay Street. This large-scale mural on the side of the Art Series Hotel is one of Perth’s newest pieces which was completed by Melbourne Artist, Matt Adnate.
- Matt's piece was inspired by Perth’s cultural heritage and is not only the largest painting done by Adnate but one of the world’s largest Mega Murals.
- If you want to see more of the artist’s work, head inside to the Art Series hotel which houses over 650 of his pieces.
- Stop two on the trail, Murray Street. Mexican artist, Curiot, was commissioned for their art piece as part of Forms Public 2015 Festival.
- Curiot’s work features a combination of his heritage and the location of his pieces. Curiot's mural showcases a reimagining of our beloved koala.
- The third and final stop – Wolf Lane, home to several great artworks such as the patchwork mural created by New York artist Maya Hayuk.
- Perth artist, Hurben inspired by the phrase “Inside your head, there is a heart” has created a fairy-tale style piece that will leave a great impression.