Story: Fremantle Markets
Presenter: Scherrie-Lee Biggs
Air Date: 7 November 2021
Saturdays spent at the markets are something to be cherished. And, if there is one place that does this best, it's Freo! Surrounded by fresh produce, handmade crafts and friendly faces, Scherrie visits the iconic Fremantle Markets.
- The heritage-listed Fremantle markets, are 125 years old this year and are one of only a few in Australia that are still used for their original purpose.
- The Fremantle Markets House over 150 colourful stalls of artisan products, a delicious range of fresh local produce, organic foods, and independent eateries, many of them WA owned and operated.
- The Fremantle Markets are one of Perth’s only food and product markets that are open every weekend and Monday public holidays.
- ‘Latchkey Loft' offers a range of exotic handmade Jewellery, bags and clothing, nestled amongst beautiful homewares.
- 'The Little Boy Blue' is a wonderful hole-in-the-wall coffee shop. Here you are guaranteed friendly service, great quality coffee, amazing bagels and freshly baked bread.
- 'Acropolis Authentic Souvlaki' serves up a range of delicious souvlaki and authentic Greek pita bread, as well as burgers, fish and chips – all handcrafted.
For more information, head to: